Tuesday 31 January 2012

Rescue from the Impress - Tabor Tropics

After the Imress sank, Jimmy built a paddle-boat to rescue himself, his sisters and their goods. After days... or maybe hours of paddling, they finally reached land...
Jimmy shouts as he jumps on the firm land: "We are shafe, shishtersh!" He looks around. "And I shink I been here before!"
Two men are near a bar at the docks. A Free and a slave...
River: "Greetings, Master"
Jimmy approaches the two men and recognizes them "Tal, Shir! Greetingsh, boy! Oh, I knowsh you!"
River: "Greetings, Mistress, how might I help you?"
Susanna: "I shink I will shusht shit shere."
River: "Can I bring you anything, Mistress?"
Susanna: "Not yet, boy."
Franziskus raises his eyebrows as he sees the strange vessel arriving at the shores, two of the people looking familiar "Tal!", he answers the greeting. He looks from the people to the 'boat', then back "That's an... intersting vessel to ride the ocean you got there!"
River: "Can I get you anything, Master? Mistress?", he asks.
Susanna sits at the low table feeling a bit queasy from the boat ride.
Jimmy beams proudly "Shank you! I hash builded it!", then his face gets serious again. "Our ship - she Impresh - shinked. But we could shave ourshelvesh and our goodhs from she wavesh!"
Cessillia asks cautiously "Do you hash any.... " her eyes linger of the freeman for a moment "larma shoosh?", she asks the boy, nudging her brother forward to introduce her to the handsome gentleman
River: "shat... that was very lucky, Master"
Jimmy looks at the man closely, then at the slave, then around, then back to the man "I shink I hash been here before. Shish ish Tabor, ishn't it"
Franziskus frowns as he hears, that the mighty Impress sunk - if he understood the accent right. "I'm sorry to hear that! But lucky that you are safe now!"
River: "It is Tabor Tropics, Master"
Franziskus nods in agreement to his slave "Aye, this is Tabor Tropics. I seen you before, I think...."
Jimmy nods: "Aye.. me ish Shimmy, sheshe are my shishtersh - Sheshie and Shushie!"

~ Another man arrives with the ferry ~


The Man: "Tal all"
Franziskus smiles "Ah, well met.. again then, Shimmy, Sheshie and Shushie!", then smiles as another man jumps from the ferry "Tal, Gorka, if I remember it right?"
Susanna looks at the handsome man by the bar and unconsiously straightens her skirts.
Jimmy shakes his head and speaks very slowly "No! Ish Shi-mmy, She-shi and Shu-shi!", then looks at the arrived man "Tal, Shir!"
Gorka: "Yes"
River: "Greetings, Master", he says greeting the master that arrives.
Gorka: "Any merchant here?"
Susanna looks up at the half dressed man and gulps at his manly body.
Franziskus looks a bit confused and then remembers and beams "Ah! Right! Forgive me! Jimmy, Cessy and Susie, right?", then turns to Gorka "Aye, I am here. What do you need, Sir?"
Cessillia smile at both of the gentlemen, her hand moving to her hair gently pushing it up, then straightening her dress frowning at the salt marks from their journey, before blushing demurely at the gentlemen.
Gorka: "I'm Gorka, farmer in Northen Tabor"
Cessillia smiles at both of the gentlemen, her hand moving to her hair gently pushing it up, then straightening her dress frowning at the salt marks from their journey, before blushing demurely at the gentlemen
River: "Might I help you, Master?" He looks at the giant of a man that is standing before him.
Jimmy smiles at the stranger and introduces himself again "Well met, Gorka. Me ish Shimmy of she clan of Bloch. Sheshe are my shishtersh - Sheshi and Shushi"
Gorka: "Very good! Greetings, Ladies" With a look at Cessillia: "Nice clothes, lady"
Franziskus smiles at Gorka and points to a barrel next to him "Have a seat, Gorka! What do you need?"
River: "Mistress, would you like to sit? I shall bring you your juice."
Franziskus then snips his fingers to his slave "Maybe the shipwreckers are hungry, my lil sunshine. And bring a rence-beer for Gorka!"
Gorka: "I find a merchant to sell my products"
Jimmy licks his lips then asks his sisters "Are you ash hungry ash me, shishtersh?"
Cessillia looks at the low seats, then the barrels, then the low seats again, and cautiously sits, trying to gather her skirt around her to try to prevent diplaying her ankles
Franziskus: "What are you selling, Gorka?"
Gorka: "Meat, milk, ramberry, tospit" He turns to Jimmy: "Are you a warrior, Jimmy?"
Jimmy shakes his head "No, I'm shusht a shepherd, Shir", then he whispers with his sisters, while the merchant negotiates with the other man.
Cessillia thinks for a moment "Shome shoup woulds'sh be good, and wouldsh help shettle your shtumok my shishter"
River: "Yes, Mistress. We have sul or carrot mistress?"
Susanna: "I would like shul pleashe, shlave."
Cessillia scratches her chin, then blushes as she realises it is the time of the week she needs to shave "Shul alsho pleashe"
River: "Yes, Mistress"
Jimmy counts his coins then asks the slaves in a whisper "How mush ish shome shoup and shuishe and a piesh of bread?"
River: "That is one silver and 65 TS please, Mistress"

Susanna turns to Franzi: "Did my brosher tell you what we wanted to trade, Shir?"

Franziskus shakes his head: "No, I thought you wanted to eat and drink first"
Jimmy almost faints as the slave charges a silver tarsk for the soup "What?! I didn't want to buy she whole shul-fieldsh!"
Cessillia nods and looks longingly at the soup "Ish shorry, we cantsh afford to pay shat"
River:"I miscounted. It's 1 copper and 65 bits". He hangs his head shamefully. "Forgive me, Mistress." Then looks over his shoulder at his master and bites his lip.
Cessillia pats her heart softly checking that it is still working "Oh, shat'sh fine, I've heard she greensh shay, a good shock occashionally ish good for the heart"
Susanna: "Ish alright boy, mishtakesh happen."
Cessillia fumbles around in her back, and finally locating her purse counts out 2 copper coins hoping that is correct, and being ignorant of the correct treatment of slaves holds them out in the palm of her hand for the boy to take from her
River: "I will bring your change mistress", he says, still ashamed of his mistake. He puts the coins in a small box behind his counter and returns to Cessilia with some copper bits. "Your change, Mistress"
Jimmy: "You hash enough coinsh, shishtersh? I hash coinsh too"
Cessillia: "Shank you, little one"
Jimmy looks at the table - empty before him "I don't get shul-shoup? and bread? and shooshe? How mush ish shat?"
Susanna sips at her soup, enjoying the delicate flavour.
Cessillia smiles at her brother "I'sh sold a few piesh brosher, sho many lashy Mistreshesh on she ship who did not know how to cook"



That moment a woman with her slave arrived to trade with the merchant. They listened for a while in silence, then one after the other Bloch fell asleep right there at the docks of Tabor Tropics. Waiting for the opportunity to trade a bit with the merchant too before they find a way back to the mainland to continue their travel....


See also here

No comments: