Monday 16 January 2012

Shpend, shpend, shpend!

~ Early morning at the docks in the Island of Palms,
Cessy leaves the Impress being unable to sleep
 due to Susanna's snoring ~

Cessy leaves the ship, climbing the steep steps and breathing deep to take in the sea air, she gasps softly on finding a gentleman at the top of the steps.

Bremen: "Tal, M'Lady"

Cessy smiles blushing slightly "Greetingsh, Shir"


Bremen: "I'm sorry none of my slaves are here to greet you at the moment they, are all on errands"

Cessy looks the gentleman up and down, and then smiles seeing he appears to be unarmed unlike so many men in their travels. "Oh, shat ish fine, she people of my villashe are shusht shimple verr farmersh, we are ushed to doing lotsh for ourshelves"

Bremen: "I can appreciate that". He smiles. "If you do need any help please let me know. Also if you're interested in trade, that is what we do here for many small villages"

Cessy looks around attentively "I have heard from she shea captain shat shish ishland hash a good market, ish shish sho? I need shome shtock for baking". She smiles at the man's words.  "Ah, shoundsh like I am at she right plashe shen"

Bremen: "Right up the stairs, M'Lady, you should find what you need"

Cessy smiles appreciatively, her gaze lingering on the gentleman for a moment longer than is ladylike, then her eyes dropping to the floor and her face coloring "Shank you, yoush been mosht helpful"

Bremen
: "I'll be here if you need me". He smiles brightly

Cessy smiles "I will remember shat"

Bremen moves off a distance that is polite

Cessy walks up the stairs, a gasp escaping her lips as she turns around and takes in the view, then spotting something familiar in the market...She grins "BUTTTTEERRRRR!!!!" she croons, her voice dripping with lust for her most prized item. She busies herself shopping and bartering with the stall slaves, taking great advantage of prices. Then goes looking for the male she had met.

Bremen: "Please sit down, M'Lady"

Cessy blushes softly approaching the gentleman again. "Oh shank you, it ish a sharming little market... sho she shlaves doing she shelling don't sheem to have much shtock left". She gestures towards the bulging sacks some of the slaves are carrying to the ship

Bremen: "Can I bring you something?"

Cessy smiles "Oh, I should be sherving you, Shir, what would you like?" she asks nervously

Bremen: "I'm am fine, thank you"

~ hey both sit in the open taverne ~

Bremen: "Not much stock left here, M'Lady?"

Cessy smiles "Shush great prishesh! I am afraid I will be cooking for shome time, I am afraidsh my brosher will not be happy about how mush I shpent"

Bremen smiles "If he's eating he should be happy"

Cessy whispers "We are shaving for my shishters dowery"

Bremen: "Ahhh I see. She is about to have an FC ceremony?"

Cessy fidgets, trying to adjust her dress on the cushion, and feeling glad she wore her thick leggings "Oh, if we ever findsh she shuitable man for hersh, at she right prishe to....."  she pauses for a moment thinking - "I shupposhe a handshome man shush as yourshelf ish already companioned?"

Bremen
smiles and looks down for a moment "Ahh no I'm not. Our contract terminated about six months ago and wasn't renewed"

Cessy smiles behind her veil, though feels guilty for doing so "Oh? I am shorry to hear shat.... you have..." she considers how to ask, then decides bluntness is best "...you have ever conshidered a new companion?"

Bremen smiles "I'm afraid I haven't had time. I've gone from being a Doctor. To being a Doctor, Merchant and Master of an Island. Keeping me very busy". After a short break: "Is your sister as pretty as you?" with a smile

Cessy thinks for a moment "Hmm... shat ish a hardship... but...." she wonders for a moment, then steams ahead "...my shishter hash a good head for shumsh, she cansh countsh all she way up to twenty, and she ish far prettier shan me, she getsh away wish almosht a week before she needs to shave! Shush a woman!" Cessy smiles "Ash you are sho bushy shink how nishe it would be to getsh home to her having organished all she shlaves for you, making shured shey keepsh she houshe clean, the oven ready whish hot foodsh.... ash a green you should be relashing more, she would be good for you, I shink". She takes a deep breath having managed such a long sentance "... and she hash good shild bearing hipsh", she adds bluntly

Bremen: "Well I can't speak for the future but you never know what fate brings. I'm always happy to meet people, especially beautiful women. He smiles and continues: "Yes, as a doctor I do know good hips when I see them"

Cessy smiles happily "Well, I am shure whensh I tellsh her about she pricesh here she will be here like a shot!" - 'and twice as fast when I mention a handsome male', she mentally adds

Bremen: "She is certainly welcome and hopefully one of my girls can give you and her a tour in the future."

Cessy nods "All sheshe women around, likle shleensh shey are sho shin, and she shlavesh....." She growls softly "Shey needsh far more butter in sheir dietsh!"

Bremen smiles politely "I'll look into that M'Lady"

Cessy smiles "Shat ish kind of you to shay.... I will make a point of telling her to findsh you to shank you for your kindnesh"

Bremen: "You're very welcome", a touch confused by what he said that was so kind

Cessy stares for a moment at the sky, then sighs softly "Ah.... I shink it ish time for me to goesh, she captain will be wanting to shet shale shoon I shinksh"

Bremen: "Did you find everything you needed, M'Lady?"

Cessy stands up, but pauses for a moment "Ah! where ish my mannersh! My name ish Sheshy by she way, my Shisteer is shushanna"

Bremen: "Well met, M'Lady. Dr. Bremen"

Cessy thinks for a moment "Everyshing ekshept for flour, everyone sheems low on it"

Bremen: "How much do you need?"

Cessy shimes "oh... a Dr....?" her grin almost catlike, a green in the family! "Well met Dr Bremen" She calculates for a moment.... "I shinksh, maybe 10 bagsh of flour should do" Then she smiles "I could find corn, I shearshed and shearshed but could not find she flour"

Bremen: "My pardons, M'Lady, if you give me a moment I'll get that for you. Please excuse me while I get that"

Cessy smiles "of coursh"

Bremen returns carrying a box

Cessy smiles as the Dr approaches "Shush tame birdsh, and sho pretty"

Bremen hands it to the Lady "My apologies M'Lady. One of my slaves will not make the same mistake again I assure you"

Cessy nods to one of the village slaves to take the box and carry it to the waiting captain "Ah, shat ish ekshelent, how mush do I owe you?"

Bremen: "On me, M'Lady, for you inconvenience and my opportunity to enjoy your charming company

Cessy blushes "oh? Shat ish sho kind of you!". She blushes slightly thinking 'a Dr and generous too' she favors the Dr with a huge smile, though is sad behind her veil he will never see it "I will no forgetsh you kindnesh, Shir, and will make shure my shishter looksh for you shpeshially"

Bremen smiles "I look forward to seeing you both in the future, Safe journey M'Lady"

Cessy smiles and lifts her veils slightly to blow the Dr a kiss for his kindness "May your Shtoresh alwaysh be full"

Bremen: "Be Well, M'Lady", he says with a smiles

Cessy smiles and hurries off hearing the captain already ringing the ships bell in frustration at her taking so long.

...

No comments: