Friday 20 January 2012

Trading on Kamba Island pt 2





~On board the Impress~
Impress Ship's Bell 2 shouts: Now arriving to Teletus. If this is your final destination, please prepare to disembark. Five Ehn before departure to Tabor East

Jimmy : “Greetingsh, shleepy shishtersh!”
Susanna : “Greetingsh my brosher and shishter.”
Jimmy : “While you took your beauty-shleep, I wash bishy. I hash she goodsh for Kamba!”
Susanna : “Ohh you are shush a good boy, Shimmy.”
Jimmy hugs his younger of two sisters tight.
Susanna pulls her brother really tightly and kisses his forehead proudly. “Give me a hug, my shishter.”
Cessillia yawns "It'sh not my fault you keepsh buying dreshesh shat I hash to wash.... four hoursh shat one lasht night took. What had you been shitting on?"
Susanna: “Well if I am to get a companion I hash to look good"
Cessillia draws her sister into a hug
Susanna looks over at the new dress lying on the bed. “Musht have been in tabor my shishter.”
Jimmy tries to hug his resistant oldest sister, but gives up as she worries too much about her hair.
Cessillia smiles and kisses her brother's cheek pulling Jimmy’s head against her ample breasts "Shush a good boy to looksh after your shishtersh."
Jimmy takes a look out of the window, searching the horizon "Are we shere yet?"
Susanna: “I don't shink sho, my brosher.”
Cessillia: "I did not hear she captain".. Then scowling at Susanna "... unlike lasht night....."
Susanna blinks innocently at her sister .. "I have no idea what you mean, dear Sheshi”
Cessillia hums softly unconvinced

Impress Ship's Bell 2 shouts: Now arriving to Tabor East. If this is your final destination, please prepare to disembark. Five Ehn before departure to Shendi.

Jimmy sings to his sister's humming, looking out the window again, just interrupting for "Are we shere yet?" Jimmy pricks his ears "Oh, I shink I heard she captain"
Susanna listens to the bell and the captain announcing the next port.
Jimmy: "I go and take looksh.”
Cessillia tries to look out the window, grumbling slightly at the dirt on the windows "Shere ish a shity, I am not shure whish one, shall we go down to she deck?"
Jimmy shouts up to the man on the wheel: "ARE WE SHERE YET?" Jimmy looks to his sisters "Man on wheel shaysh we anchor shoon. I go and takesh cratesh and bagsh. You... shusht look pretty "
Susanna: "Shat ish good my brosher, I need to get back on dry land."
Cessillia smiles "I shink I can do shat" Cessillia pats her hair, and fluffs up her dress a bit.
Susanna: “Maybe I shusht put shome more colour on my eyesh?”
Cessillia nods "Yesh, I shink sho"
Susanna: “I shee land." Susanna says pointing out across the Thassa
Jimmy takes the bag with cacao powder and puts it over his shoulder, then tucks the two heavy crates with flour and sugar under his arms. He turns to his sisters... "When we getsh attacked you hash to grab my bat, caushe I hash she armsh full!" Jimmy waits till the ship anchors, his nose itching he tries to rub it at his shoulder-scarf
Cessillia fluffs her dress feeling her kitchen knives and rolling pin "I am shure we will shink of someshing if attacked."
Susanna pulls her skirts around her, and readies to step up onto the gang plank

~On Kamba Island~
Cessillia smiles, then notices her brother's scarf for the first time "Jimmy, are you shtarting to getsh a cold?" she asks with concern. Cessillia picks at her brother's scarf with concern, and taking his chin moves his head from right to left "I hopesh yoush not getting shick, itsh shat shilly captain making you have to takesh anosher bash on she ship ishnt it?"
Jimmy: “Lead on, Shishtersh... I follow you... wish sheshe heavy cratesh... heavy, heavy cratesh. Ah, here it wash!"
Susanna: “Can you manage shat load my brosher?
Cessillia: "Yooooooo hoooooooooo, little laaaaadddddyyyyy" she calls out
The Lady: “Greetings"
Jimmy lets the crates fall to the ground with a bang, then adds the bag with the cacao and wipes his face with the arm of his shirt.
Susanna turns and smiles as a familiar voice wishes them greetings. "Ah greetingsh, dear Lady."
Jimmy turns and almost falls over the crates "Oh, greetinghs, Lady" Jimmy points to the crates and the bag "We bringed you she goodsh!" Jimmy bounces to relax his muscles after he carried all the crates and the bag alone from the docks to the stock house
The Lady: "So nice to see you all again and I see you brought the goods." She smiles.
Susanna pushes her brother forward resisting the temptation to spit on her sleeve and wipe the dirt off his face.
The Lady takes out from her purse a shiny silver coin "Whom to give this to?"



Cessillia hisses to her brother "Shtand up shtraight" and tries to straighten his hair a little
The Lady: Looks at the boxes and sack with the items not bothering to look in it trusting they are good people
Jimmy nods and points to the crates again "Yesh... ish 100 shugarsh and 100 shaltsh and 100 cacao... all grinded"
Susanna nudges her brother closer to the sweet Lady,
The Lady: Smiles "I guess you are the one." Offers the coin to him
Jimmy stumbles closer to the Lady, pushed by his sister. He holds his hand out palm upwards "Shink... oopsh... don't push me!.... ish me!"
Susanna stands back and whispers to her sister, "Shey would make a lovely couple"
Jimmy rolls his eyes hearing his sisters whispering behind him.
Cessillia whispers back to her sister "Ah, could you imagine sheir children?"
Susanna: "Sho pretty, shix dark like her and sheven lighter like him"
Jimmy a bit worried takes a step back and whispers to his sisters "She drawing her bow, I shink she don't like me." As the woman runs away for a moment ((crashed)) he continues "I shink she musht shearsh money firsht"
Cessillia smiles "I am shure she doesh my brosher" then nodding to her sister "Naw, she is young, at leasht twenty shildren"
The Lady: Blushes "Im so sorry just got my first bow, haven’t really figured out how it works really", she chuckles.
Jimmy takes the silver tarsk offered from the Lady with a smile. He bites into it as he has seen it other merchants doing, without any idea what it's good for... maybe good luck or something. Then he puts it into his money-pouch and points to the crates again "I put it shomewhere for you sho you don't have to carry? Shey are heavy!"
Susanna positively beams at the idea of all those babies. "Shesh ish very shkinny shough." she whispers, "We would have to fatten her up"
Jimmy smiles and pats his slingshot "Me can shoot wish longbow...", he starts proudly "... but I rasher take my shlingshot. Ish better for herding verr. Shey don't like it, when I shoot arrowsh at shem!"
Cessillia frowns "I will needsh shome more butter shen" she whispers back
The Lady smiles at the man as he takes a bite of the coin not knowing what it is good for maybe he is hungry she thinks, hear the ladies talking about babies and starts to get nervous. "Well you had done so much already you all must be tired"
Susanna smiles brightly at the Lady from behind her veil. "Oh he ish very shtrong my dear. Shimmy help she shweet Lady to move the crates."
Jimmy looks at the crates, trying to figure out the letters... but knows only A-E yet and T and Z... So he turns to the Lady "Do you hash shalt? Shalt ish good for making meat lasht long in wintersh!"
The Lady walks closer to the crates almost stumbling on her new bow tries to lift one crate up and can’t even nudge it "well ehm guess I do need help" looks at the man: "We do have salt, but not sure if there something left somebody came and almost bought a lot of it already""
Jimmy turns to his sisters "You need shalt for cooking too, shishtersh?" and right on cue his belly starts to rumble again
Susanna: "Yesh my brosher, I need shalt sho shat I might cook she dinner tonight."
Jimmy jumps to the Lady and helps her with the crates, lifting them easily in spite of his small stature.
The Lady: "Would you like to see the port? Maybe something to drink eat?"
Jimmy: "Oh, would love to, but our ship shoon will leave she harborsh again. I shink my shishtersh can make shomeshing to eat on she ship"
Susanna : "Did you getsh the shalt, Shimmy?"
The Lady: smiles "Very well you are all welcome back anytime"
Jimmy shakes his head to Susi "Ish the Lady shtill looking, I shink" He lifts up the crate he just had lifted before for the The Lady and shakes it. "Sheemsh shere ish a bit in shere, but don't know what." Jimmy again tries to read the label, but only can read the "A" and the "T"... he mumbles to himself very slowly "Shaaaaaltttttt" and nods "Yesh, can be shalt!". Then blushes in the hope that his sisters didn't notice that he secretly tries to learn to read and write as surprise.
The Lady walks closer to the man wondering what he is doing looking like he talking to the crate, odd man she thinks. “Are you alright Sir?"
Jimmy nods, a bit puzzled and worried at the same time. "Oh, I shought you ashked me to move she cratesh!? Shorry, shometimesh I hash problemsh to undershtand she shtranshe akshent you shpeak"
The Lady tries to hide a giggle at the man’s comment "Is ok, I have the same problem sometimes. Do you need some salt?"
Jimmy then shrugs and claps his hands to undust them - as if that would help anything! - "Yesh, at leasht shome for she cooking of my shishtersh. Oh... no... not shat I'm cooking my shishsthers!" - giggles a bit embarrassed "Sheir cooking of me!" he corrects himself, not sure, if that was right now or not
The Lady giggles
Susanna smiles and ruffles jimmy's hair, "Even you could not eat shat much Shimmy"
Jimmy: “Maybe at leasht a shmall crate. Shat will be enough for she pashash back.”
The Lady: "Oh very well let’s see if we have some salt left"
Jimmy grins to his sister "I shaw a male shlave today who shaid he ish eating like a tarshk... and I shaid shat you shaid she shame about me all she time... and he wash mush shinner shen me!"
Susanna makes a pfft noise. "Shweet brosher, a male shlave.. who ever heard of shuch a shing. "
The Lady climbs up the ladder and takes a look inside, hears the man’s comment to his sister starts gigles almost falling of the ladder
Susanna: "Well my brosher if our bishnesh ish complete we should go back to she Impresh"
Jimmy: "Anywaysh... I shink I'm shtill growing." - He looks up to his 2 head taller sisters and adds mumbling "...I hope!" Jimmy puts the bags of salt into his backbag "Oh, how mush do you get for it?"
Susanna lifts her head hearing a bell sounding in the direction of the dock. "My dearsh, I shink shat wash she Impresh."
The Lady: "Takes the coins from the man this is just right 30 tarks"
Jimmy looks at the docks and worries as they seem to already set sails "Oh, we should hurriesh"
The Lady: "it was nice seing you all again please come back soon"
Susanna: "Are you shure we cannot purshuade you to free companion our dear Shimmy?"
Jimmy: We hash to go now. I wish you shafe pash, Lady." - Then turns to his sisters "Better run now shishstersh!" glad that he has a reason to interrupt his sisters' match-making
Susanna smiles at the Lady, "We shall be back shish way again ... shink about it. He ish a good catch"
The Lady just gives an awkward smile to the Lady and points to the ship "think captain is leaving now"
Jimmy gives the lady a last warm smile before he turns to run to the ship. “Uh oh! Run, shishtersh, run!"
Cessillia smiles and waves as they hurry to the boat
Susanna: “Shoft pathsh, dear heart," Susanna calls as she hurries after her family
Jimmy shouts: “CAPTAIN! CAPTAIN! WAIT FOR USH!!!”
Jimmy helps his sisters on board right before the pull in the planks. "Whew! Shat wash closhe!"
Susanna smiles at the captain from beneath her veil and flutters her eyelashes

~Back on the Impress~

Susanna: "Too bad she washn't looking for a hushband"
Jimmy: “Pah! Too shin!”
Cessillia stumbles coming off the gang-planks and says somthing very un-lady like, though is pleased to note the captains face flush
Jimmy: “Did you shee? She couldn't even lift a crate shat wash almosht empty! She never can lift a verr!” Jimmy sits down on the railing and catches breath from the running, then pulls his kalika from his back and starts to play the tunes of the ancestors
Susanna leans against the side of the ship. "Yesh maybe she wash too shin."
Cessillia nods "Our brosher deshervesh shomeone shuitable, like coushin sheshelly"
Susanna smiles as her brother sings and plays to entertain them
Cessillia smiles at how talented their bother is, then hops up and sits next to her brother, and places her head in her hands as she thinks of how much she misses their village, the tune from home making her a little home-sick
Susanna: “Are you hungry my brosher?”
Jimmy nods without interrupting his singing
Cessillia rummages in her bag, then with a confused look on her face says "I have a hardboiled egg"
Jimmy: “Do you need shalt for cooking, shishtersh?”
Susanna: “Not right now dear heart, I made shome shoup before we left. I shall go and get you shomeshing to eat my brosher." She turns to Cessillia "Are you hungry, shishter?”
Cessillia nods "Yesh, I shink I could do wish a shnack"
Susanna checks the fire is lit and searches for a dish to spoon the soup that she made into. She puts three plates on to the table and serves up the soup.

Impress Ship's Bell 3 shouts: Now arriving to Kasra. If this is your final destination, please prepare to disembark. Five Ehn before departure to Port Jad

Cessillia smiles "Shul shoup?"
Jimmy regrets a bit, that he filled his belly with all the snacks, so he would only be able to eat one bowl of the soup... maybe two.
Susanna walks back to her family and smiles finding them looking out to sea. “Dinner ish ready .”
Cessillia hops down of her perch
Susanna: “Come and eat before you bosh getsh too shin. Help yourshelf to bread, my brosher! You too, shishter."
Jimmy smiles a bit apologizing to his sister "Oh, I shusht had a shnack... I didn't know you were cooking, shishter..... But shish looksh fine... I tashte a bit... or two"
Susanna: "Shere ish roast tabuk if you are shtill hungry."
Cessillia ‘Umphs’ as she settles on the cushion "I shwear shish floor ish getting lower"
Jimmy: “Where you got tabuk-meat, Shushi?”
Susanna: “I bought it in Tabor, brosher, and I roashted it in shat oven over shere.”
Jimmy looks around "Oh, shere ish an oven!", then looks to his oldest sister and raises his eyebrows "Piesh?"
Cessillia smiles looking up, "Shey hash an oven?" Cessillia smiles "Piesh!"
Jimmy shrugs and opens his belt a bit more "Oh, shere'sh alwaysh room for shome roasht!"
Susanna breaks off a piece of bread for herself and makes a sandwich with it for herself, having given all the soup to her beloved siblings. “I have shome ramberry candiesh shat I made earlier, if you want shome, Shimmy.”
Cessillia belches loudly looking round quickly to make sure no one heard, then whispers "Sheshe shailorsh, sho rude, no mannersh" she says covering for her wind
Jimmy cuts himself a big piece of the roast. While he rips off another piece of bread: "Oh... it wash shusht a little shnack. Two pieshesh of sheeshe... and two shlishesh of bread... she hard boiled vulo egg... and a larma... oh and a pieshe of pie....”
Cessillia frowns,"Not enough for a growing boy"
Jimmy : “Sho... almosht noshing!", he explains with a grin and puts the big piece of roast between two slices of bread.
Susanna drinks her milk and gives a loud belch

Impress Ship's Bell 3 shouts: Now arriving to Port Jad. If this is your final destination, please prepare to disembark. Five Ehn before departure to Lydius

Susanna nods approvingly as her brother says he is not hungry then makes a huge sandwich with the roast tabuk. “Sho my brosher, did we make a profit today?”
Jimmy with thick cheeks chewing with half of the sandwich at once in his mouth reaches for his money pouch and empties it on the table... the small pouch, not the big one he has hidden between their luggage
Susanna: “If you have finished I will clean up"”
Jimmy flush the big bite in his mouth down with a big sip of the milk, wipes his lips with the arm and places the other half of the sandwich on his plate for later. He starts to count the coins.... "Sho... shat wash shree timesh 14 KT for she goodsh....”
Susanna: “Have you finished your milk, Sheshy?”
Cessillia looks at the coins on the tables sighing softly that there are a number of copper coins but almost no silver. She drinks her milk quickly holding the goblet out to her sister "Shank you, yesh"
Susanna collects all the plates together and takes them over to the kitchen. She piles the goblets on top
Jimmy: “... and shere wash shree timesh 5 KT for eash of ush for she passash...”
Cessillia tutts "Shere ish not mush for Sushi'sh dowry.... shink she captain would ashhept sho little?"
Jimmy:  "... And I shelling shome goodsh on she osher market....”
Susanna:   “Ohhh a guesht book!”
Jimmy: “Sho we now hash....." - he counts "... 11 ST, 56 KT and 83 TS. Plush she 20 ST I hash in she osher poush of courshe"
Cessillia nods "She captain wouldsh wantsh a gold coin to take Shushi?" She looks round her brother at their sister "Maybe a dishcount ash shey hash been....... talking a lot"
Jimmy: “I hope to shoon hash a gold tarn for eash of you.”
Cessillia smiles "I doubt even you could find a man big enough for me, my brosher" her brow creases for a moment when she thinks how that sounded

Guestbook: Leave an one-line message (You have 60 seconds)
Susanna : ash i can't read or write I got the shailor to shit down and write shish for me. My shishter Sheshy and brosher Shimmy enshoyed she trip very mush and will ushe she shipsh again. What? Shust write what I shay .. yesh ekshactly ash I shay it. I am paying you to do shish sho shit share and do ash I shay.

Jimmy looks over his shoulder, noticing his sister talking with their "scribe-sailor", then turns to Cessy "What ish Shushi doing?"
Susanna after she had dictated the sailor an entry to the guestbook puts the dishes away and stores the left over food and leaves the sailor sitting by the guest book scratching his head and staring at the page in wonder. "Shtupid shailors, he shaid I had a funny acshent. Me! Noshing wrong wish my acshent, ish shere?"
Cessillia looks puzzled, "I am not shure... a shailer would mean we needsh lesh of a dowery?"
Susanna plonks herself down on a cushion pouting
Jimmy thinks "Hmmmm... but shailor can't give ush a free pashash"
Cessillia blushes a little "Well, you do lishp a lishle Shushi"
Susanna: “I do not, i shpeak proper I do.”

....

No comments: