Wednesday 11 January 2012

Susanna meets a potential compainion

~Susanna meets Will of Tabor in Tabor East~
Susanna : “Greetingsh, Shir.”
The man smiles to her: "Greetings"
Susanna smiles at the handsome man. "I ish Shushanna of Clan Bloch, I ish here wish my brosher and shishter on trading, but our ship hash been ishe bound.”
The man frowns, "Oh? I am sorry to hear... I hope you found all that you need while here"
Susanna: “Well, my shishter and I want shomeshing to do, and I notished that your baker hash not been reshtocked"
The man chuckles and nods, "I have noticed too... Our baker, the Lady Lori, has been away for a bit, but we do expect her back. - Perhaps you might set up a sort of temporary arrangement while you are here if you like, a cart perhaps?”
Susanna: “Shat might be a good sholushion. Of course I would have to shpeak to my brosher Shimmy and my shishter Sheshielia."
The man nods, thinking over the possibilities, "I'm sure it could help you while you are stranded, and we would benefit as well"
Susanna: “It sheems we will be here at leasht till she ishe meltsh.” She flutters her eyelashes at the gentleman. "Ish very kind of you, Shir. I shall inform she resht of my family." Then after a short break: "I didn't chatsh your name, Dear Shir.”
The man chuckles in surprise, "My apologies! I am Will of Tabor"
Susanna : “A pleashure to meet you, Will of Tabor.”
Will : "And a pleasure to meet you, Lady Susanna"
Susanna blushes furiously at being called a lady no one ever has before. "Shushanna ish acsheptable, Shir,"
Will nods and studies her a moment with some curiosity, "Where is it you travel from if I may ask? Or even travel to?"
Susanna stands a little straighter and thinks to herself that she must tell her sister a gentleman called her a lady. “We hash been shailing on she Impresh up and down she coasht, trading Verr wool and anyshing elshe we can get our handsh on. - We are from she villash.”
Will : "Oh! I know the Impress! The Lady Eolla was once our Head Merchant, she is the lesser of that vessel isn't she?"
Susanna : “We are alsho shearshing for a companion for our brosher Shimmy. She clan ish getting shmall now, only shixty of ush left.”
Will frowns nodding at that news, "The hope of the village is he?", then grins, "Some young lady will be most happy at such a find"
Susanna smiles that the gentleman knows the ship they sail on. "The impreshsh ish a very lukshurioush ship."
Will : "Yes, and the Lady Eolla a fine Merchant, she is sorely missed here"
Susanna smiles again behind her veil at the thought that Jimmy might be the hope of the village, it didn't bode well. "Yesh, we hope for a lady for him shat can improve our numbersh by at leasht ten or twelve shildrensh. - Shimmy met anosher mershant yeshterday wish hish boy, shough what ushe a boy ish... I don't know."
Will eyes widen at the thought, then grins, "Well the young lady will be most happy between at least", then laughs at that, "Well, I have boys myself, I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to do with the girls"
Susanna: “We traded black wine with him.”
Will: "Ah, Franzi perhaps... from the Tropics"
Susanna blinks in surprise and then smiles again as the gentleman recognises the merchant that Shimmy had described to her. "Ah yesh, I shink shat was hish name .. Franshishkush. A very handshome man. He would make a fine companion for my shishter Sheshi or even myshelf. - Not shat you wouldn't alsho, kind Shir!”
Will laughs again, "Well, as a trader and provider perhaps, but not for much else, and would be little hope for a dwindling village in need. Franzi is a fine trader and our local supplier of blackwine and cocoa, have you visited the tropics to the northwest?"
Susanna lowers her eyes a little. "Do you have a companion, Shir?", she asks hopefully.
Will laughs again, "None would have me, I am far too difficult"
Susanna: “I haven't, Shir, but my brosher Shimmy hash. He shaid he meant to go shere but I shink he got losht. He came back bounshing and gushing shat he had met a warrior on a tarn.”
Will chuckles, "Tabor is a bit large really, and our outlying lands have many turns in the canals"
Susanna: “Now he hash vishions of shoining she Tarn warriorsh. - Well I hope to vishit shemsh.”
Will: “He would be most welcome by them I'm sure"
Susanna laughs lightly. "My brosher ish vertically shallanged, Shir"
Will laughs, "Well, they don't always use tarns I suppose"
Susanna: "Well, we are trying to dishcourashe him. He ish she only shingle man in our villash, shough he doshe shpend sho mush time with hish verr."
Will suppresses his reaction and nods, then adds, "Well, surely he will find some young lady soon, I know he will make a fine companion"
Susanna frowns a little at her brother's unhealthy obsession with the verr, she wished she knew what he did with them late at night, there was always so much grunting and groaning going on and he was always in such a good mood when he came back. She shakes the thought from her head and turns her attention back to the man. “Well kind shir I hash taken too mush of your time already. Hopefully we shall meeted again." She offers her hand to the gentleman, a soft smile hidden by her veil.
Will adjusts his tunic and smiles at her wondering what holds her thoughts, "The captain of the ferry system is most helpful for finding the local ports throughout, have you met him?" He smiles and takes her hand gently, bowing slightly to her, "Very well met Lady, and I hope we meet again soon as well, if I may be of service you need only send for me"
Susanna: "Ish shat, shat drunken lout who ran she ferry aground and dunked Shimmy in she river?" She blushes wildly at the man’s lovely manners and her heart races ... she can't wait to tell her sister about the handsome man.  “Well I shink we will be here till the ishe meltsh.”
Will grins at the reference to the drunken captain, "He is better caught early in the day for tours, but yes it may be him, and I do hope your time spent here isn't too uncomfortable"
Susanna : “If I can getsh the firesh to burn for me I shall make shome piesh and bread to shell.” She looks to the man regretfully. “She cabin on she ship ish shmall for shree of ush but we are managing. We are shimple folk.”
Will smiles with a nod, "I will surely look forward to some fresh bread and the pie, they have been in short supply lately... have you had a look about for larger accommodations?"
Susanna: “No .. we haven't. We were not shure how well we would be welcomed.”
Will nods thinking, "Well, as anywhere, some areas are more amenable than others to one thing or other, but the farmlands to the north would have some vacancy I'm certain"
Susanna: “I shall tell my shiblingsh shir, we are fine in she ship at she moment."
Will nods, "You might find it useful to have a bit of land to raise something on if you have such skill",
Susanna reluctantly lets go of the man's hand that she has kept a firm hold of. "Well, Shir, I  shall leave you to your bishnesh. Shafe pash, Shir! If you need me... at all... for anyshing... any time... for anyshing..." she says hopefully "...day or night..." she continues. "...I am on she ship." And adds once more hopefully: "Anyshing,". Her heart races in her chest and again she says "Anytime for anyshing."
Will smiles and holds her eyes a moment, "I will remember Lady Susanna, and I hope our paths cross again soon, in the meantime well wishes to you and yours", giving a soft chuckle at the last and looking away to the boards.
Susanna gives a soft sigh already half in love with the man. "If I may, I will trysh she oven.", she says pointing to the bakery. "Anyshing," she says again. "shusht whishtle"
Will grins, and focuses on the question of the oven, "You are most welcome to use anything you need here of course"
Susanna smiles behind her veil at the man a final time and floats away in a lovely dream where she is companioned to him and has fourteen or fifteen strapping young lads to expand the clan.
~In the bakery~

Susanna puts her bread in the oven and soon the area is filled with the delicious aroma of freshly baking bread and pies. She takes her fresh bread back to the ship for Jimmy's breakfast when he wakes up.
Will catches the aroma of the fresh baked bread and smiles, hoping she will have more out soon to sell or trade
Susanna shouts "Shimmy! Sheshi! Get your lashy ashesh out of bed. I found me a potenshial companion!"

No comments: